Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

How are you using your library?

When I tell people I am a librarian, they often ask me if I think I will still have a job for very much longer. I am in a district that really appreciates libraries and I doubt we will be going anywhere. I also know librarians who now have to serve all 5 schools in their district rather than having one per school. I am in a middle school where the students use the library at their leisure, there is no "library class" but I teach classes and projects and research as needed by teachers.

So my question is this: How are you using your school library?




online poll by Opinion Stage

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin: So I was going to vote, but then I was trying to figure out which one I would select. When my math classes go to the library, it is to use the class set of computers available. My geometry kids will use Geometer's Sketchpad, my AP Stats kids will research for data, and my AP Calc BC students will work on their year-end projects. So I would vote, use the computers in the library. - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin: I taught HS tech classes when I was last in the classroom and I didn't have my students go to the library. Mainly because I would have the librarian prepare online materials for my students to use when doing research. She did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, thanks for letting me know and I am not surprised by your answer, and Bryan, I do a ton of work for teachers even though I don't necessarily teach all of it. I think librarians are being used more and more as a way of providing resources for teachers which I am very happy to be doing!

    ReplyDelete