Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Final Reflection

Part 1:
Throughout this course I have been blown away by the fact that even though this is nearly the end of my time in this entire program, there are still so many resources available that I was unaware of or didn't know how to use. It was great to be able to see how others are using different types of technology and I loved learning from everyone in the course. I am a believer in constructivist theory and I think I tried to show that in each of my units. I like the idea of allowing students to discover things for themselves, though looking back I would have added more time for self-reflection in my lessons.

I think it is clear to see how my course work demonstrates mastery of AECT standards because the course was laid out to make it so that we were displaying our content pedagogical knowledge, we were to show how we can plan for a variety of learning environments, had to do plenty of research; overall we were forced to master the standards through what we were told to do. This made me realize that as a professional I am constantly aware of these and growing as I plan each and every lesson I create whether it is for a grad class or for a group of students.

I think the main thing I will do differently because of this course is to think about every topic as cross curricular. It was great to see how what seemed to be one subject was so easy to put into other subject areas. I think it will help me to come up with more ways to collaborate with my colleagues.

Part 2:
I honestly think I put a lot of thought into my blog posts and I enjoyed them. I put my heart and mind into talking honestly and openly about education as a whole and how I feel about the use of technology within schools. Because I am at the end of my degree and have been teaching for over a decade, I feel that I know what I am talking about and my opinion is valid. I also posted on time each week and made a point to respond to my peers each week. There were a couple times that I didn't use/cite resources within my post, so I would take a few points off for that and give myself an A-.


No comments:

Post a Comment